PTE P&C Technician
Company: Power Engineers
Posted on: August 14, 2019
PTE P&C Technician
Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities:
- This position is based in our FT Worth, TX POWER Testing &
Energization (PTE) office and the work is located throughout the
Central and East regions. Candidate may reside in an area where
assigned clients are located.
- Perform testing and commissioning of Protection and Control
systems on high voltage substations
- Perform on site hands-on protective relay testing using relay
test sets such as Omicron CMC 256/356 or Doble F6150. Examples of
relays to be tested are SEL-311L, SEL-387, SEL-487, SEL-421,
SEL-351S, GE L90, GE D60 among others.
- Technical and Safety Development
- Support Project Lead or Field Supervisor on projects
- Perform Job Hazard Analysis - JHA
- Accurately document test results and produce field reports on
- Prepare and implement test plans
- Read and understand electrical drawings and schematics.
- Prepare As-Built commissioning drawings with project mark ups
and highlighted drawings.
- Perform clerical responsibilities such as time cards, expense
reports and project reports.
- 10+ years of professional experience in the electrical testing
industry, including experience in medium and high voltage circuit
breakers, power transformers, instrument transformers, and
substation protection and controls testing.
- Demonstrable expertise on transmission, generation and
distribution relays (SEL, Basler, Beckwith, and GE families) and
protective schemes. Technical skills related to protective relays
include relay calibration utilizing test sets/measuring devices
such as Omicron CMC 256/356 and Doble F6150, control scheme
testing, testing of the sensing CT/PT circuits, ability to upload
settings to microprocessor relays, and static & dynamic testing of
microprocessor-based protective relays.
- Proven experience with Electrical Field Testing standards,
practices, and procedures such as NETA, IEEE, NFPA applicable
- Demonstrable knowledge of testing electrical distribution,
generation and transmission projects with voltage levels ranging
from 15 kV to 500 kV, including protective relays, and circuit
- Good interpersonal, written and oral, communication skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills, and ability
to perform mathematical calculations, working knowledge of computer
systems and microprocessor or relay software and project
- Demonstrable expertise in the use of the latest computer
controlled solid-state test equipment (Automated protective relay
test equipment such as Omicron or Doble)
- Technical Software for testing purposes and data review:
ProTesT, Protection Suite, ENOSERV RTS, Omicron Test Universe and
- Administrative software: MS Outlook, Excel, Word and
- Experienced in managing electrical drawings.
- Ability to meet minimum insurability standards based on a Motor
- Ability to pass drug and alcohol test
- Ability to pass seven (7) year background check
- Ideal candidate will have 10+ years of professional experience
in the electrical testing industry, including experience in medium
and high voltage circuit breakers, power transformers, instrument
transformers, and substation protection and controls testing.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Technology
degree in similar discipline
- Experience testing and troubleshooting microprocessor and
- Experience testing and commissioning electrical equipment on
high voltage substations such as CTs, CCVTs, PLC systems and DC
systems including batteries and battery chargers.
- Strong working knowledge of utility and electric cooperative
At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every
level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have
the chance to make a positive impact on the environment,
participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find
the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your
career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most
importantly, we strive to be our clients' first choice. These
traits - and deep technical skill - account for our success.
Have fun, do good work, make money. As an employee-owned company,
we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where
we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel.
We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package,
professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER
Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be
contradictory to some, but it works well for us.
Keywords: Power Engineers, Lubbock , PTE P&C Technician, Engineering , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!