Company: Waste Connections
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Waste Connections is looking to hire a Diesel Mechanic to join
our team in Lubbock, Texas.Why Join Us?* CULTURE: It's a Great
place to work! We work in an environment where empowered,
self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.* INTEGRITY:
Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We
keep our promises to our customers and our employees.* RESPECT: We
show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for
ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we
provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.Click Here to
view a "Day in the Life" of our Mechanics.
- Repairs include but are not limited to, routine maintenance and
repairing engines chassis and body components, hydraulic cylinders,
brake systems, suspension systems, cooling systems, wheels and
- Inspects equipment and/or trucks for condition, operations,
parts and fluid levels, differentials, final drives, pump drives,
- Knowledge of Hydraulics repair is required
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver
Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate
and OSHA standards.
- Performs required safety protocols while working on
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work;
heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to
repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated.
Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to
handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic
safety precautions.The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 2+ years' experience, that is directly related to
the duties and responsibilities specified above.
- Must provide own personal tools. Welding/fabrication experience
is a huge plus!
- ASE Certifications Preferred, but not requiredWhat we offer to
- Yearly Safety Bonuses
- Yearly Boot allowances
- Competitive compensation
- Performance-based career growth potential
- Medical, dental, vision insurance plans
- Income Protection Plans (Life Insurance, Short Term/Long Term
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Prepaid Legal PlanTo be considered for any of our current
openings you must complete an application at
www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional
instructions can be found once you select your position of
interest.We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental,
vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term
disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited
opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".Waste Connections is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Waste Connections, Lubbock , Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!