Company: Blackstone Concrete Ventures, LLC.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Recruitment Posting: - Project Engineer - Construction
Salary: $84,394 - $175,000 Annually Location: Lubbock, TX with
traveling throughout the StateRegular/Fulltime Recruitment Posting
No.: - 22-010
Position Description: - -BLACKSTONE CONCRETE VENTURES (BCV) is
offering an excellent career opportunity for a highly motivated,
experienced construction-focused project engineer, with heavy civil
highway TxDot construction experience; within a fast paced,
The Ideal Candidate:The ideal candidate for this position has the
ability to multi-task in the face of competing priorities without
sacrificing accuracy and timeliness. He/she has strong analytical
and critical thinking skills, is self-motivated, takes initiative -
with the highest of personal integrity. This candidate will possess
a high attention to detail and be comfortable using technology to
organize, manage and calculate data. - The candidate shall have a
demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding professional
construction project objectives. - -The ideal candidate takes a
resolution-based approach to solve problems, practices excellent
customer service skills when working with team members, state
officials and representatives and the public; will take ownership
of assignments and work independently without the need for constant
guidance. -The candidate should have experience and a desire to
continue learning the many facets of heavy highway construction
work and field engineering support. The selected Construction
Project Engineer will have the opportunity to engage in a varied
number of existing and new projects, and must display the highest
degree of integrity, respect for diversity, purpose and drive to be
Key Responsibilities and Abilities:The following duties are typical
for this position. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed
duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different
duties from those set forth below to address operational and
changing work place needs.
- Perform professional level engineering duties in support of the
BCV construction programs for heavy highway work typically found on
TxDOT construction projects. - -
- Prepare contract documents, review bid documents, calculations,
and cost estimates; research project design requirements; prepare
estimates of time and material costs.
- Maintain accurate records of projects, budgets or field
observations required for the delivery of construction
- Investigate field conditions related to public improvements,
public utilities, and traffic safety operations; investigate field
problems affecting property owners, contractors, and construction
operations; work with public and subcontractors on public
improvements; prepare accurate reports, diagrams and
recommendations related to the responsibilities of the prime
- Prepare and review construction contract estimates for
- Analyze survey, mapping, and data collection; evaluate data and
- Responsible for all engineering and technical project
- Participate in the preparation of requests for proposals and
bids; review subcontract bids and proposals; participate in the
selection of subcontracted services.
- As assigned, serve as project engineer for heavy civil highway
construction projects; administer construction project from
inception to completion including bidding, construction and
closeout; develop scopes of work; serve as company liaison to
state, developers, engineers, consultants, the general public and
external agencies on assigned construction projects. -
- Develop project timelines and set priorities; prepares
forecasts coordinate and oversee the finished product of
subcontractors and vendors.
- The ideal candidate will be experienced with TxDOT guidelines
and procedures and experienced in the preparation and use of
- Participate in project planning, schedule, two-week
forecasting, assist in project budget management, and managing the
impact of same due to project changes.
- Support and participate in the Project Manager's work as
- Review engineering design and construction plans, drawings,
specifications, contract documents, cost estimates, engineering
calculations and related documents prepared by consulting engineers
- Administer contracts for assigned engineering projects; conduct
site inspections throughout construction and at completion of
project; monitor construction progress and changes to scope of
work; discuss and recommend change orders; review and process
requests for contract and final payments; prepare as-built plans;
prepare project close-out documents.
- Coordinate construction activities with State and City
departments, divisions and outside agencies.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings.
- Stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of
construction engineering, procedures and management.
- Support the Project Manager in the preparation and
implementation of the Health & Safety and Environmental Program
(HSE) in compliance with all applicable regulations (OSHA,
- As assigned, supervise and train lower level professional and
technical engineering staff.
- Verifying compliance to corrective actions as required.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager to ensure QA/QC
conformance of suppliers/Subcontractors.
- Preparation and reporting of changed site conditions, change
orders, claims, time extensions; preparation for requesting final
- Assist the Project Manager in the calculations and support
documents for progress and final payments.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with management as
well with support personnel from all levels and entities on a
- Perform related duties as required. -Minimum Qualifications:
- Possession of a valid and appropriate driver's license.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or
university with major course work in civil engineering or a related
- Possession of a Certificate of Registration as a professional
engineer in the State of Texas.
- Possession of a Project Management Professional certification
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 3 years of increasingly responsible professional
construction engineering experience. - AutoCAD, Civil 3-D
experience is a plus. - Proficiency in the use of GIS, MS Business
applications including MS Project or Primavera P6 is highly
- Must be able to occasionally lift and or move up to 25 lbs and
tolerate a moderate level of work place noise.
Benefits:Salary will be commensurate with experience and
qualifications. - This is a fulltime position with benefits.
Apply and Questions:BCV is an equal opportunity employer. - All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin or veteran status. - BCV promotes
a Drug-Free Workplace.
Keywords: Blackstone Concrete Ventures, LLC., Lubbock , Project Engineer, Engineering , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!