Posted on: August 6, 2022
When you join DIRECTV, you ll be a part of a team that s
supporting our customers from the front lines. Whether it s
connecting them to the latest technology or getting them plugged
into our world-class services, your work will create connections
and support our mission of taking entertainment to the next level.
It s an opportunity to showcase your customer experience expertise
and represent our company as the face of our brand. So, if you re
up for delivering the future, we re up for providing you with a
bundle of opportunities for success.
This position comes with competitive compensation up to $23.75 per
hour to new hire employees! You ll also gain an amazing benefits
package with medical/dental coverage, 401(k) plan, tuition
reimbursement and paid time off. Rounding out these benefits and
perks, employees can choose one of the services below at a free or
- Free DIRECTV Premier Package with free installation (this
includes free HBO Max, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz, & NFL Sunday
- Free DIRECTV STREAM Premier Package (this includes HBO Max,
Epix, Starz NBA League Pass,) and unlimited cloud DVR
- 25% off AT&T Cell Phone Service As an Installation
Technician, you ll work inside or out to install and repair
equipment as you take the lead on providing our voice, data and
video services. You ll need to be able to work independently, but
most importantly, you ll need to have excellent customer service
skills as you ll educate customers on the features and
functionality of our services. We ll look to you to promote DIRECTV
as a premier service provider while you provide best-in-class
customer service during installations.
What you ll do:
- Install Network Interface Device (NID) and rearrange inside
- Place and replace Customer Premise Equipment (CPE)
- Place cross-connects as appropriate between SAC point and the
7330 or its equivalent
- Verify all services are working and demonstrate, sell and bill
telephone service while engaging with customers
- Perform the maintenance of the CPE equipment, wiring & jacks
inside the customer s premise up to and including the NID
- Use simple meters to perform Go, NO-Go type testing
- Perform work in buildings, attics, basements, and crawl spaces
that involves bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling,
- Use a company PC to retrieve and complete orders
- Work outside in all types of weather while using and/or wearing
appropriate safety equipment and following established safety
practices and procedures
- Drive a company vehicle and/or report directly to work location
Here's what you'll need:
- A valid state driver's license, commercial license, or
chauffeur s license, whichever is applicable, appropriate to weight
and size of vehicle driven, dependent on state and federal
- Complete a satisfactory driving record check.
- Must be willing to work day, evening or night tours; overtime,
emergency call-outs, weekends and holidays as required.
- May require travel for out-of-area work which may include
- May require drug testing as mandated by state and federal
- May require a security check.
- May require ability to drive vehicle with manual gear
- May require working outside in all kinds of weather.
- May require working in an environment that is not heated or air
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time. You will also
need to meet our Physical Requirements:
- Complete a satisfactory Physical Abilities Evaluation (PAE) -
Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- May require a maximum candidate weight limit of 325 pounds
dressed in working clothes.
- Must be able to perform work involving a lot of kneeling,
stooping, crouching, crawling or other uncomfortable positions.
At DIRECTV, meeting our customers needs plays an important role in
our success - but your ability to provide them with best-in-class
service is even more critical. We re offering an opportunity to
work at the frontlines of our company, connecting customers in your
community with the best in tech and entertainment. Whether it s
upgrading services or installing our products, your impacts will be
felt by customers far and wide. There s no better time to join our
team. So, what do you say? Are you ready to deliver the future of
DIRECTV will consider for employment qualified applicants in a
manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state, & local
Job Posting: Jun 16, 2022, 4:20:47 PM
Job Level: Hourly Occupational
Keywords: DIRECTV, Lubbock , Field Technician, Engineering , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!