Regional Engineer Solar and Wind Generation
Company: Engie North America
Posted on: March 26, 2020
At ENGIE North America, innovation and excellence create a
platform for growth. We have a range of businesses in the United
States and Canada, including clean power generation, cogeneration,
and energy storage; retail energy sales; and comprehensive services
to help customers run their facilities more efficiently and
optimize energy and other resource use and expense. Nearly 100
percent of our power generation portfolio is low carbon or
renewable. Globally, ENGIE is the largest independent power
producer and energy efficiency services provider in the world, with
operations in 70 countries employing 150,000 people, including
1,000 researchers in 11 R&D centers.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the
future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and
flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity
to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the
The Role: Regional Engineer Solar and Wind Generation
Responsible for functions relating to Solar and Wind generation
facilities betterment, facility efficiency monitoring, plant
performance measurements, engineering and project coordination.
Also included is maintenance and repair of Solar equipment, as well
as substations and balance of plant equipment.
East Texas Regional Wind and Solar Manager, Prairie Hill Wind
Gail, TX - Long Draw Solar Site
Local Contract Only
Salaried - Exempt
Essential Job Functions
- Participate and support site safety and environmental
management systems; assure safety and environmental considerations
are included in engineering products.
- Manage site engineering documents and design information to be
accurate and of high quality.
- Use technical information, such as design information,
operating experience and fundamental engineering principles, to
resolve equipment performance problems and technical issues and to
provide input to operational decisions.
- Monitor and evaluate equipment and system performance by
examining and trending the results of condition-monitoring
activities, reviewing equipment failures, analyzing
availability/reliability information, and performing system walk
downs. Follow-up actions, based on identified problems, trends, and
root cause determinations, are timely and effective.
- Provide leadership and labor to troubleshoot and repair Solar
and Wind site's operating and maintenance problems
- Manage internal labor and third party services to repair and
maintain solar generation equipment.
- Use proven RCA methodologies and tools to identify basic or
causal factors in failure events or variances in performance to
eliminate repeated occurrences and optimize performance.
- Ensure sites maintain electrical NERC and ERCOT compliance
- Provide technical guidance support of site operations and
- Manage subcontractors during site maintenance outages as
- Evaluate and develop site improvement projects. Provide
economic justification, develop RFQ's, evaluate bids and contract
T&C's and award PO's, manage contractors, QA/QC monitoring,
field change requests and develop budgets and manage cost control
responsibilities for projects.
- Provide engineering and O&M support to other Engie solar
sites as necessary
- Present engineering analysis plans and recommendations to site
staff, management and directors.
- Available to serve as relief for Wind and Solar Regional
- Ability to travel for short term assignments as required.
- Utilize software-based purchasing, work order, preventative
maintenance and inventory systems.
- Acts as a team member with all employees of the Wind & Solar
sites and collaborate with members of the ENGIE team at other sites
across various businesses.
- Work multiple projects including supporting future business
- Comply with all ENGIE NA policies and procedures.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Reside or willing to relocate within 50 miles of the
- Desired working knowledge of Wind and Solar generation
equipment, protection and isolation equipment, substations, static
and dynamic reactive power equipment, electrical collection systems
as well as SCADA control and HMI systems.
- Possess strong planning, scheduling and project management
skills with the ability to plan and work independently.
- Possess strong computer and analytical skills.
- Provides strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to manage and supervise
- Performs other duties as directed by the Site Manager.
- Must have and be able to maintain a valid driver's license.
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a
high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Ability to perform demanding work at heights under adverse
conditions and when participating in emergency activities.
- Ability to climb ladders and work in heights > 250 feet;
enter confined spaces as required to complete assigned task.
- Enter and work in a confined space.
- Lift 50 lbs. of weight
- Eyesight corrected to 20/40 to accurately read and interpret
instruments and gauges.
- Hear and understand audible alarms, detect changes in noise
levels of rotating equipment and portable radio communication.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering required
- Minimum Ten (10) years of relevant experience
Working Environment (Indoors - [60%] Outdoors - [40%])
Work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to use hands and arms to touch or feel, and use tools. The
employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; and stoop,
kneel, or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to climb or
balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is
frequently exposed to airborne particles, and heat. The employee is
occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high,
precarious places; and outside weather conditions
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United
States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and
employees are treated during employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic
information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition
team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must
be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North
- Posting Date: Jan 30, 2020
Keywords: Engie North America, Lubbock , Regional Engineer Solar and Wind Generation, Engineering , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!